- Handle new member applications and facilitate the exam process.
- Approve applications for student membership of the Society. Applications must be approved by 2 members of the Committee who are Fellows of the Society.
- Applications for Fellow membership are dealt with by the Council.
- Organise the examinations that are held in New Zealand on behalf of other international actuarial bodies.
- Liaise with other committees to encourage and promote CPD opportunities.
- To maintain links with equivalent committees of other international actuarial bodies.