- Provide a forum for discussion of Society members’ concerns and ideas relating to investment and corporate finance related issues.
- Comment on issues relating to the investment industry.
- Foster good relations with regulators of the investment industry.
- Review and update professional standards and guidance notes for actuaries practising in the investment industry in New Zealand.
- Advise on adherence to relevant professional standards and guidance notes when requested.
- To co-ordinate activities that allow the Society’s membership to increase their knowledge on investment and corporate finance related issues pertaining to actuarial practice.
- To represent the Society’s interests in making submissions to various parties on investment or corporate financer related issues pertaining to actuarial practice.
- To keep abreast of international activity and research in the investment and corporate finance related area as it pertains to actuarial practice.
- To maintain links with overseas equivalent committees.
- Prepare submissions on consultative documents released by Government and other bodies.
- Maintain liaison with any other bodies on issues related to investment practise e.g. IRD, NZSX.
- Liaise with other committees to encourage and promote CPD opportunities.
Liaise with committees of overseas actuarial bodies as necessary.