To view presentations and papers from previous NZSA events simply click on the relevant event in the list below to view any papers that are available from that event.
- This event has passed.
NZSA BIENNIAL CONFERENCE 2016 – Beyond the Possible
Sunday, November 20, 2016 - Wednesday, November 23, 2016
The theme of the conference is Beyond the Possible . The conference offers an opportunity for members and stakeholders in the actuarial community to get together and think ahead to the possibilities of the future.
Papers from this event:
- Actuaries and Data Analytics – Positively Correlated? – Adam Follington and Joe Benbow
- Beyond the limits: Modelling and forecasting longevity – A/Prof Leonie Tickle
- Optimising Pricing Strategy and Process – Klaas Stijnen
- Rules of thumb – helping New Zealanders DIY decumulate – Joe Benbow, Catherine Edgar, Daniel Mussett, Alison O’Connell, Christine Ormrod & Kelvin Prisk
- Mutuality and Solidarity – paper – Jeremy Holmes
- Risk adjustments: Can life actuaries learn something from GI actuaries? – paper – Ben Coulter
- Simple Products – Robert Kerr
- Risk in the modelling process – Michael Clarke
- A way forward for NZ Superannuation – paper – Peter Cosseboom
- Reserving for high cost cancer claims – paper – Len Elikhis
- Insights from New Zealand solvency returns for the 2015 financial year – paper – Robert Cole & Adrian Allott
- Beyond the Bitcoin – Ethan Choi
- The effect of gross versus net of tax discount rates in MoS liabilities and thereby profit reporting for life insurance – David Chamberlain and Hamish Farrah