Past papers and presentations
To view publicly available presentations and papers from previous NZSA events simply click on the relevant event in the list below to view any papers that are available from that event. All other available presentations can be found by logging in to the Member Area.
- This event has passed.
NZSA BIENNIAL CONFERENCE 2016 – Beyond the Possible
Sunday, November 20, 2016 - Wednesday, November 23, 2016
The theme of the conference is Beyond the Possible . The conference offers an opportunity for members and stakeholders in the actuarial community to get together and think ahead to the possibilities of the future.
Papers from this event:
- Actuaries and Data Analytics – Positively Correlated? – Adam Follington and Joe Benbow
- Beyond the limits: Modelling and forecasting longevity – A/Prof Leonie Tickle
- Optimising Pricing Strategy and Process – Klaas Stijnen
- Rules of thumb – helping New Zealanders DIY decumulate – Joe Benbow, Catherine Edgar, Daniel Mussett, Alison O’Connell, Christine Ormrod & Kelvin Prisk
- Mutuality and Solidarity – paper – Jeremy Holmes
- Risk adjustments: Can life actuaries learn something from GI actuaries? – paper – Ben Coulter
- Simple Products – Robert Kerr
- Risk in the modelling process – Michael Clarke
- A way forward for NZ Superannuation – paper – Peter Cosseboom
- Reserving for high cost cancer claims – paper – Len Elikhis
- Insights from New Zealand solvency returns for the 2015 financial year – paper – Robert Cole & Adrian Allott
- Beyond the Bitcoin – Ethan Choi
- The effect of gross versus net of tax discount rates in MoS liabilities and thereby profit reporting for life insurance – David Chamberlain and Hamish Farrah