The purpose of our professional standards is to:
- Maintain and promote public confidence in the work of actuaries
- Equip actuaries with a framework in which to exercise professional judgment
- Define generally accepted actuarial practice
- Meet or support the requirements of legislation or another professional body
- Ensure clients are fully informed.
We have a robust process for developing and maintaining professional standards, to promote and maintain high standards of competence and conduct within our profession.