Professional Development Committee
- Developing and maintaining a Professional Development framework that outlines the Society’s approach to Professional Development and what is expected of members.
- Ensuring members have access to a range of appropriate professional development opportunities to assist members in providing a high standard of professional services to their employers, clients and the public.
- Monitoring overseas developments and changes to how CPD is managed by other actuarial professional bodies.
- Setting the programme of CPD activities provided by NZSA.
- Recommending changes to the CPD Standard as required.
- Surveying Members periodically to determine areas of CPD that Members are looking for.
- Researching and potentially building relationships with other providers of CPD to enable access to that CPD for Members.
- Administering the CPD standard including making recommendations as to the verification of compliance by Members.
- Facilitating the publishing of reviews and recommendations from Members on what they did for their Professional Development, and how well it met their needs, for the benefit of other Members.
- Assisting Members in matters relating to their professional development.