- Provide a forum for discussion of Society members’ concerns and ideas relating to retirement income, longevity and related issues.
- Maintain a calendar of important dates relating to retirement income on which commentary may be appropriate.
- Co-ordinate the Society’s response on matters relating to retirement income and related issues.
- Prepare submissions on consultative documents released by Government and other bodies.
- Maintain liaison with any other bodies on issues related to retirement income and savings e.g. Commission for Financial Literacy and Retirement Income, IR, Workplace Savings New Zealand, Chartered Accountants, MBIE and Treasury.
- Liaise with committees of overseas actuarial bodies as necessary.
- Meet on a regular basis to achieve the above objectives.